Men’s Premier Competition – Start Date: Sat 28 November 2020
So here it is Swans Family. The outline of what Season 2020/21 will look like.
- 1s & 2s – The 17 round fixture will remain one fixture moved to be played on Australia Day
- 3s & 4s – Will not play on Australia Day. The 3rd & 4th Xl divisions will therefore play 16 rounds with one fixture removed
- Part of the considerations taken were/are
- Several clubs adversely affected by a high number of players who live more than 25km from their home ground will have extra time together as training group
- Several clubs adversely affected by the inability to train for several more days through not having approval from council &/or wickets not being prepared, will have ‘adequate’ sessions before round one
- If any centre wicket pitches are not ready for a practice match on the 14th (due to poor weather / not enough preparation time) this still allows clubs to have a practice match on the 21st before the new start date on the 28th.
- If we see further poor weather over the next 2-3 weeks (following the wettest October in over a decade), a number of currently planned sessions will not go ahead (N.B.: No indoor facilities are available as a back-up and clubs are unlikely to train on Melbourne Cup Day)
- With training groups limited in size at present, players will spend less time batting and bowling in the nets at training compared to a ‘normal’ session
- Learnings from practice matches as well as the commencement of community cricket competitions in both Metropolitan and Regional Victoria will help to test COVID-19 protocols before round one.
The final fixtures for the competitions will be communicated by Friday.
So there it is swans. Now lets get to work really making ourselves as ready as we can be.